September 22, 2010

The specified service has been marked for deletion

Today I faced a problem when trying to install a custom windows service created using C# .net. When I try to install the service from the command prompt it gives this "The specified service has been marked for deletion" error. When I checked the local services, the service status was makred as disabled. Since it was really urgent for me, I looked for every where and got that you can delete the service by using the below command.
         "sc delete name"
So happily I tried it as well, but its also gave the same error., Finally, found the solution from this link. This problem happens mainly when you didn't close the services .msc window. Once I closed and opened it, the service was being sucessfully deleted.

No comments:

Post a Comment